Become a Band Instructor
Fremont Education Foundation has openings for well-qualified, reliable and dedicated AFTER SCHOOL BAND INSTRUCTORS to teach in the FREMONT UNIFIED ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS.
- The after-school program, funded through a grant from the FREMONT EDUCATION FOUNDATION, is scheduled to run for 25 weeks, beginning in October.
- Classes with high student demand (40+ students) will have 2 one-hour classes per site, one beginning and one intermediate.
- Sites with lower student demand will have a single combination class lasting for 90 minutes.
- The current hourly rate is $42.33. Compensation includes time for setup, clean up and instructional preparation. The pay rate is 2 hours for a straight beginning or intermediate class and 2.5 hours for a combination class.
- Certificated instructors, music teachers, skilled musicians, or candidates with advanced music degrees are welcome to apply.
- Multiple days available.
- Teach band instruments (woodwinds, brass, and percussion) in elementary schools in Fremont Unified School District. Classes meet after the school day.
- Prepare students to participate in one or two public performances a year.
- Report to the After School Band Coordinator and the Fremont Unified School District representative.
The Fremont Education Foundation values diversity. Candidates who have a demonstrated ability to relate to diverse student populations and who have experience working in bilingual environments are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to:
Fremont Unified School District
Attn: Christie Rocha
4210 Technology Drive
Fremont, CA 94538
INFORMATION: (510) 657-2350 x 12223 or email email@example.com